Monday 23 January 2012

23 January , 2012

So I just got the package this morning. I have not had the chance to open it yet! So thank you so much for it and whatever maybe inside! Though from Momma's e-mail I have a good guess.

So this week has been great. We got two new investigators, both woman. One has downs syndrome so we are not sure what her understanding will be but she wants to learn and President said that if it will benefit her and her family to go on ahead and teach her. Then we found on Saturday a very sweet woman and as my companion would say Legit!!!!! I really don't get why they use the word but whatever!

So we had a huge snow storm through here Wednesday through Friday it was crazy. Because not only did we get a lot of snow but they did not plow the roads till Friday morning! so we had to deal with all the ruts and ice on the roads. I actually slipped on the way to get the mail it was funny. I was running because it was cold, and all of a sudden I am down sliding halfway across the road. I felt like doing it again it was fun. I only got some bruises so don't worry! Any way.

Oh funny stories so we have two wards and some how we got scheduled to have two dinners! One Spanish one English. My stomach was hurting from how much I had to eat! Not fun but I am learning the art of eating slow and less and making it look like more. I am going to need it if this continues! That is a very scary thought!

Okay I do feel as if I patter on but at times I am not sure what to talk about! I need questions to answer! And Eric please, be a good boy!!! (If you saw the Bednar's talk at the MTC) if not let me know!

Which reminds me-
We had a baptism on Saturday and 11 yr-old his Dad does not speak any English. His Dad was baptized last month, and ordained two weeks ago so he got to baptize his son. We are now working with his 9 yr-old son. He is shy and a sweet kid. So I gave a talk yesterday in ......."Spanish" I felt so nervous. But I had written it all on my own in Spanish so I just read from my notes. I felt bad for doing that but I wasn't sure how I would do otherwise! I was told I did a good job and several of the branch members told me that they like my talk. It was on the atonement!

Oh so my companion keeps telling members that you own a restaurant in Nauvoo. and maybe if you say Hey I fed your daughter!!! Well she likes to joke about it! So March should pick up a bit in the business. usually does! Well that is when Nauvoo family inn and suites starts hiring for the restaurant! If I am remembering correctly!

I feel that i am all over the place today so much to talk about and so much done! I am starting to truly appreciate my time in the MTC. They do prepare you for the field but there is so much out here that you in the MTC just don't comprehend! Like yesterday we were given the news that we are switching areas with one of the Elder companionship. So this morning we went over the area book and who we visit, why, the people to call for what, and what has been taught. we also exchanged phone numbers it was very interesting! So we are excited to what is called 'sweeping an area" where we come barly knowing anything about the area and go contacting teaching and just wow! So My companion is excited to "Sweep,Train"!

But there is so much so this week I will work on writing a highlights list to write home about!

Okay lastly for this week.... One of the Elders in my district had asked for a drawing. So I did it but now He wants it colored. Oh elder Cumacho. He is from Peru! Funny though. He and Elder Ortiz (his companion, our district leader) like to say things like great answer, wow that was profound...ect... They do this after I hiccup in meetings so they think it funny and at times it is! but I will leave you with a high note...

In the book of Mormon personal study I have been reading in Alma. What an amazing book! There is so much in there. I was reading about when Alma taught the Zoramites and I loved how he related the word of God and faith to a seed. That if it is a good seed it will grow, if it is bad nothing will come from it. But our goal is for the seed to bear fruit for it to do so we must have faith and study upon the word so that the seed has nourishment so that it may grow. I also liked when Korihor went about teaching falsehoods that when he came to the people of Ammon the they were wise and bound him and took him to their high priest who questioned him and seeing that his heart was hard cast him from the land. The peopled in the next land did the same and their high priest seeing the same thing had him sent to the chief judge of the land and Alma who was the high priest over the whole land and church. They questioned him and taught him much about the gospel but he would not hear till a sign was made unto him. which sign would later partly cause his death.

It is just amazing to me how some people have closed of their hearts from the word God and refuse to hear it. I am sad for these people. For we desire so much to share with them what we have, a precious gift from God. and they refuse to listen!


Well I love you all, have an amazing week and know that our Heavenly Father is always there,
Con amor,
Hna. Ziegler

No comments:

Post a Comment