Monday 27 August 2012

27August 2012

So you are going to have to wait another week for pictures since I do not have very much time this morning to write as I would like. But I want you all to know I love you and thank you for all that you do for me.

These past few weeks I have found myself to be selfish and not thinking of others and what they need. I have been saying in the back of my mind "Well look at me, look how good I am, am i not important!" What tricks does the devil play on us. He knows when we are in our weak times and plays on our weaknesses. Our wanting attention and praise. Or our doubts and discouragements. What games does he play. I have learned this week that it is so much more important to focus on those around you than your self. that is what Christ did.

So why do we find it so hard? Because the society we live in is so focused on the individual that they forget the beauty there is in helping those around you be happy first. I seem to be re-learning this myself. It has been hard but worth it. I am not a selfish, nor a self centered being. No I am a disciple of Christ and I am here to bring others to Christ.

Through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the End. It is with these five simple teachings that we truly find who we are in Christ. That is our goal as missionaries. to go forth nobly and declare the word unrepentant of our beliefs. We are to help them progress towards the kingdom of God. And May the Lord help me do it.

Sorry that this is so short, Know I love you all and will write more next week,
Con Mucho amor,
Hermana Zielger

p.s. I got the package Thank you so much! I love you all and you all get big hugs!


Dear Elders and Sisters,

The mission is starting a web page we think your friends and family would like to know about. The address is: washingtonspokanemission.wordpress.com
This site will have general information about what the mission is doing weekly, pictures, some history, and the Spokane Word. Please email your family and friends and tell them about it. They can go there to read and look for your picture at zone conferences and other things we do together and feel inspired about the great things that are happening in the Washington Spokane Mission.

Love you, President and Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment