Monday 7 May 2012

7 May 2012

The week has gone by so fast that it is crazy. My new companion is Sister Haws and she is great! We are sweeping the area of Warden. Warden is so small it is crazy! Smaller than Nauvoo well it might be the same size not sure! But there is alot of spanish work here. about 60 percent or so of the population is hispanic. the other are all farmers or their family has lived here for years. So When I mentioned to a few of the warrd members that I am from Carthage, IL. They ask if I know Joanna Miller. I say yes. They are her cousins! And most of the english ward is related in some way or another. It is really crazy. But this past week has been great. The people here are great! The Members are amazing, and the work is going to be slow at first but we will be working our hardest to find those who have been prepared in this small town. So things about warden. Well..... Only a few of the streets are actually paved. They have only stop signs and a caution light. There is a potato factory! Alot of trailers, and one ice cream van that plays a jingle that just can not be described to give it justice. But it is hilarious! Oh and the only time that you can get lost is if you are trying to find the members who live out on the farms. I LOVE IT!


There is so much work to be done and alot of walking and bike riding to save miles involved. But this week has been great. We came here with just the area books and the ward list. But we are doing great finding potentials and those who truly want to hear more about the gospel and the peace it will bring into their lives. I am learning the importance of talking more. I lost my planner again. Not very happy about it. Kept saying how from now on I should tie it to my wrist. (or just put pockets into everything) But I am looking for it and hoping to find it. The place where we are living we inherited a pet. we are not supposed to have pets but apparently the cat had just had her kittens and they did not want to move her yet. so the owners just asked us to feed it every night. Only thing is that it likes to leave dead presents on the door step every now and then. Yeah not liking that. We call it "I kill mouse and leave it on your doorstep" or "Ikila de mouse" we are not very fond of it! It is quite interesting. Well there will be many tales to tell later about this area. Because It is going to be an amazing area! Oh hey I got some news this morning. Agustin got baptized!!! And after his confirmation he bore his testimony! I am so proud of him. He is amazing! Wish I could have been there but I am where I am supposed to be right now and I am enjoying every minute of it!

With love,
Hermana Ziegler

No comments:

Post a Comment